A refrigeration dryer is suitable for most general applications, but for those requiring absolutely dry air, an adsorption dryer is the only solution. Where compressed air applications must be completely free of all suspended water vapor. Some of these applications are:
• outside air lines & instrumentation subject to freezing conditions
• air conveying of hygroscopic materials
• special manufacturing processes, chemical, pharmaceutical & laboratory equipment.
For these applications, a GOLD heatless adsorption dryer (HGO) will provide a constant pressure dew point of -40°C or , for special applications, even - 70°C (HGL)
The compressed air ﬂows upwards within one tower, while the second tower is regenerated with a stream of dried air. Then the cycle is automatically reversed. In operation, the activated alumina adsorbs a quantity of moisture in proportion to its weight and depending on working conditions. Complete drying cycle switch normally every 10 minutes. This adsorbing phase is followed by a depressurising and a regeneration phase. A portion of dried air - from 7 to 15% - is taken from the working receiver’s outlet and directed to the tower to be regenerated. The dried air, thanks to its low humidity content and the expansion that occurs inside the second depressurised receiver, causes the drying material “washing” by removing its humidity. The humid purge air is vented to atmosphere through the purge valve and mufﬂer. The regenerated tower is then gradually re-pressurised before it reverts to drying the compressed air stream.
• Extremely reduced size and weight, ease of assembly thanks to the aluminum design that guarantees excellent resistance to corrosion.
• Upon request, supplied with coalescing ﬁlter H type (0,01μ - 0,01 mg/m3) on the inlet and ﬁlter M type (0,1μ - 0,1 mg/m3) on the outlet. Both ﬁlters are ﬁtted with a differential pressure indicator.
• Ce code available depending on model.
• Slow re-pressurization prevents bed lifting, abrasion and extends desiccant life.
• Easy mounting of both pre- and after ﬁlters.
• Pneumatic valve exclusive system; easy to maintain and purposely designed for heavy duty conditions.
• Innovative design, studied for end Users
• Microprocessor control panel with regulation control and operation cycle, to adapt the working conditions (dew point) to the end user’s requirements.
• Three working systems:
2. Energy Saving (opt.)
3. Combined (directly connected to the compressor)
CONTROLS AND INSTRUMENTATION
• Electronic controller with microprocessor to set time and regeneration cycles (energy Saving, opt).
• Display showing dryer operating conditions.
• Working pressure control gauge (opt.)
In order to select the right adsorption dryer it is important to know the actual working condition and air consumption of the system. Based on the standard working conditions listed in the technical data section and the below mentioned correction factors you will be able to select the correct model, suitable for the application.